Saturday, April 17, 2010

Miles To Go Before I Sleep....Miles at 3 months

It seems we have reached the inevitable "adjusting sleep patterns when Mom goes back to work" stage. My little man who has been sleeping a 7-8 hour stretch for the last month or so is suddenly sleeping 5 hours, then up every 1 1/2 after that to "eat" - and by eat I mean whine, latch on, and fall back asleep, haha. To be honest, I don't hate it - I get snuggle time, I'm still getting an ok amount of sleep, and it adds to the total time I get to hang out with the little dude. But shhh, don't tell him that. I've got him convinced that my horrible singing voice is due entirely to sleep deprivation.

My first week back to work went as well as can be expected - I missed him like crazy and once leaked milk through my shirt in science class (it led to a cool discussion, at least) but he was with my Mom, and she brought him to visit me at lunch every day. She also cleaned, did laundry, cooked, walked my dogs, weeded the garden and chatted with me after school before Jesse came home. I was certainly sad to see her go! It's school vacation now though so all three of us get a whole, uninterrupted week together. Bliss.

Miles is pretty incredible, as usual. He's 14 weeks old now(!), weighs over 16 lbs, can scoot backwards across the floor and looooves hanging out in his bouncy seat. He also grabs toys from in front of him and picks them up now, which I am totally floored by. I know a year from now I'm going to be watching him zoom around the house, throwing things, but for right now the whole "reach and grasp" thing seems like an olympic achievement! He is the only baby at his daycare (the rest are 1-3 year olds) and is totally spoiled - the tots pat his feet and talk to him, and since they discovered he loves singing, whenever he cries they all run over to seranade him. I witnessed it once - holy cuteness batman.
Major milestones this month~

~Moved on from Tracy Chapman (whom he still loves, just not exclusively) to Prince and Disney music
~First swimming trip! Looooved the water, and was totally cool with being splashed in the face by toddlers.
~First roadtrip and babysitting experience - Jess and I went to see a sox game and the Bartkes watched him. And let him watch cable. And stay up late. Yep, they've got this grandparent thing down pat.


Showering off after his first pool adventure
 
 
 
~Ashby

No comments:

Post a Comment